2016年2月12日金曜日

For Vegetarian in Japan: Guide of Food Products and Ingredients

To start with:

 Lots of people come to Japan to travel or work or whatever, and I am quite sure some of them are vegetarian. And if you are from western countries, you may have a image of "ZEN" and unconsciously asking the image into food too.  (maybe)

Reason why I am starting this blog:

 I am Japanese, but used to live in UK and some of my friends are vegetarian. One of them used to live in Japan for 1 year, and recently I met her in UK. While we were talking, I started thinking about how she managed "Being a vegetarian in Japan".
 Reading Japanese could be a hard task especially for travelers and short visitors. There is no "suitable for vegetarians" mark on food products in Japan usually.
 So, I would like to introduce Japanese food products which seems like not containing any meat or fish through this blog and I hope this will help you while you are in Japan.

Vegetarian definition in this blog:

 No meat, no fish.
 I will put a picture of a product and write down its "name", "ingredients", and "manufacturer or seller".
 If you are outside of the definition, please read "ingredients" carefully and decide by yourself. 
 I will try to translate ingredients correctly as much as possible. 
 Although I am not living in food chemical industry, so I may write down some chemical names as it is shown on the food label. And also, I suppose sometimes I cannot judge how the ingredients were made, in that case I will write down as it is too, so please read the "ingredients" carefully and judge by yourself! (ex: food colouring stuff etc.)





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿